About Me

My photo
"J'ecris pour me decouvrir."- a French writer

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Men; Those Big Babies

Men... every woman's enemies, have always made me wonder about them and their nature that is supposed to make them reign supreme in any society, especially our society.Yea, I know that men are much stronger and fitter than women according to the Quran. I believe in the Quranic verses, but I also believe that Quran is timeless and was meant for all people around the universe. My question here is are men in my society fitter than women?

Okay, I will start with my childhood. I went to school with boys and they were not as good as the girls in classes. I always topped my class and a couple of boys came second or third. This was the case in most classes and I guess most schools. I have a younger brother, and he had to struggle all his life because he was being compared to his sister. Surprisingly, he was not willing to exert much effort to prove people wrong and show everyone that he is better!

When I look at men and women when they get ready for their work, I have noticed that men who do half the work a woman would normally do on a daily basis, talk much time when they try getting out of bed. When they wake up, they cannot stand any single humming next to them. They just frown and give you the look and you know that you would have to tiptoe and keep on whispering till they are in the mood for some chit chat. 

The list goes on for childish attitudes from big babies whom we call "MEN". There is an Egyptian proverb that indicates that children are brought up while husbands are forced to getting used to this. Gradually, I become more convinced that only the first half of the proverb applies to all of us here.

When I look at little boys, I do not see a big difference in their attitudes when they grow up. They are somewhat the same. A child needs his mommy to wake him up so that he would go to school, and when he grows up, he would wait for his wife to do the same whenever he needs to go to work. A mother feeds her baby child and a wife feeds her hubby. A boy would try to upset his folks so that he would get some attention and he would do any mischief to feel that he is loved or pampered. 

Yea, they are human beings after all. They need care, passion and attention. But, men, if you want us to treat you as grown ups, start acting so. If not, then please don't be upset when we call you "babies" :P

No comments:

Post a Comment