About Me

My photo
"J'ecris pour me decouvrir."- a French writer

Sunday, December 26, 2010

What a Colorful World!

By mere coincidence today, I remembered my old childhood passion, which is coloring. I was looking for a card online to tag my friends in it for the New Year, and there it is this amazing French coloring website, where you can pick a certain photo and color it using whatever colors online.

I was at my office, and you can imagine all the stress I feel everyday with tons of emails pouring from everywhere, phone calls that come out of the blue, juicy conversations with my colleagues and fear that my work won’t get done on time. Then, I found that website that set me apart from that nuisance for some minutes. It was just me and the poster before me on the screen. If you had seen me during that time, you would have seen such a different person you are not used to. You would see what appears to everyone as a grown up, with a silly smile on her face and with eyes wandering around without a certain clue about the whole world.

Once I woke up from that sweet dream, I made up my mind right away and decided to buy a coloring book. “Oh yeah, there is nothing wrong about this.” I just felt like I need to set myself every now and then apart from all of that stress crawling inside my head. Just few minutes every day, without speaking, technologies of any complicated form, work and without thinking, all I have to do is pick a crayon, a suitable color, and decide to paint that world of fantasy that makes me feel like a child again innocent enough to believe that there is still beauty all around and goodness inside every creature.
Seriously, what a colorful world!

No comments:

Post a Comment