About Me

My photo
"J'ecris pour me decouvrir."- a French writer

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Got Mail?

I have just been watching "You've Got Mail", starring Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks. I have watched it for hundreds of times, and every time I watch it I get mesmerized to my chair waiting for the end that i already know, just because I like its subtlety.

I like how New York looks in this movie. Frankly, I have never been to New York, yet I watched many movies that were shot there. Believe me, New York in "You've Got Mail" is just sensational. Maybe, it's all because it is supposed to capture the city during the Fall, and I am a big fan of Autumn, the somewhat quiet atmosphere with the gentle breeze and the wilting trees.

What captures in such a brilliant plot is how Fox and Kelly (Hanks & Ryan) got into love without even seeing each other, or knowing one another's name. How love is so impersonal and universal that a human being can relate to another without the necessity of having any sexual interest of any sort. Those two people could just relate to each other by talking about mundane simple and yet beautiful things.

What also dazzles me is the beauty of the plot that shows how two people who were actually soul mates passed by each other maybe every single day without realizing that fact. It makes me wonder, "Is this true by any means?" I have been searching like everyone else for love. Could this be true? Could I pass by my soul mate every single day without realizing this? Is it possible that love is just that close to me and I'm too busy to realize this? Or is it possible that two people might fall for one another without meeting in person?

Well, I guess that I will keep on watching other enchanting movies and dream of living like those stars on the screen.

1 comment: