About Me

My photo
"J'ecris pour me decouvrir."- a French writer

Sunday, October 31, 2010

What a Year!

In the cold weather by the sea side, my friend and I sat like total lunatics catching up. It was such a delight hanging out there chilling and feeling cold like fish. It's all because we wanted to smell the breeze of fresh air that has always made us feel alive.

My friend started talking about her dreams and how she wanted to work on herself. It amazed me how she has developed a plan for herself after a long time of despair, thinking and determination. It is always great to "listen to the voice deep in yourself," and begin the questioning phase. You assess your actions, your relationships and your future.

Then, it was my turn. Luckily, my friend struck me with the question I have been waiting for, "So underneath this perfect mask, how are you doing?" I smiled impressed by such a smart and yet frank question.

My friend and I have agreed simply on one thing. This year has been fruitful for both of us. I still remember a year ago. She and I had the same frank conversation. Back then, everything was gloomy and ugly, or that's how it seemed. However, now we have a much broader perspective.

Yes, we have met so many people that we regret knowing, but they have taught us many things about ourselves. They have shown us aspects that we have never known before. They have drawn our attention to the simple fact that life does not always go our way. They have made us aware of our need to stop having too many expectations from them.

Yes, we have made many bad choices, but now we have the luxury of thinking thoroughly before taking any hasty decision.

Thank you my dear friend for opening my eyes to many things I seemed to forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment