About Me

My photo
"J'ecris pour me decouvrir."- a French writer

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Random!

Usually, my posts are random and are hard to predict. Today, I am happy. The next day, I am so freaking angry for some reason or because of someone. This post is just another random post gathering all my random ideas. I have just been discovering new things in people I have known for quite well. Have they changed? Or is it me who has changed and can see everything now clearly? Hmmm...

One of the newest discoveries is that sometimes people are just angry deep inside and instead of pouring out their ideas whether to a friend or like what I do and write my mind off, they just tend to bottle everything up, seclude themselves in a tiny dark dull cocoon. Instead of feeling better, they just grow angrier, sadder and more judgmental. For example, I have been dealing for a long while with the so-called "religious" fellas in Egypt, whether they are bearded, wearing Niqab or long Hijab, whether they have praying mark engraved on their dry foreheads or bragging every now and then about their Quran lessons. I have met them, all!

They have all belonged to different backgrounds, but most of them shared one single thing. ANGER! Unsmiling face with the tendency to bark at anyone saying or doing something against their "holly" principles.

"Is it their exaggerated and sometimes fake passion for religion that makes them behave in such an uncool way?" I thought once, till my own same mind struck me with a bizarre observation. "What is it that makes them think that they have the right to judge whether this is right or wrong?"

ًDo you know who you really are Ms. or Mr.? Just a sad little person with a lost soul who cannot find your way in life, what you're good at or what you want to become. So, religion was only your own sanctuary. It's an easy way out, right? Recite a few verses, pray 5 times a day, fast Ramadan and change a little about your appearance only to feel that you are respected or at least to convince yourself that you are better off than everyone else and thus you should be treated respectfully.

Am I right Monsieur or Madame "Religion is my way out"?


No comments:

Post a Comment