About Me

My photo
"J'ecris pour me decouvrir."- a French writer

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Chemical Brothers

Human beings always surprise me in the most amazing ways. Yesterday I met three of my friends who did not know each other before. Actually, it was their first time to meet one another. Before that gathering, I thought that all they had in common was me.

Seriously, I was very nervous about yesterday. I care about each one of them. The typical me would be always worried and anxious. I was afraid that they might not get along. Fortunately, my fears proved to be nonsense.

At the beginning, each one was a bit intimidated. You could surely say that there was a sense of awkwardness in the air. However, it all vanished in a second, when someone- I don't remember who it was exactly- made a mundane comment about the place and that was it.

Seeing them connecting like that together in a very comfortable and relaxed way, reminded me of watching a cup of water to which a color is added. The color might not merge right away. You just need to stir it a bit and it's done.

They talked, talked and talked like non-stop radios. They talked as if they had been friends for ages. I observed them quietly not because I had nothing to say, but because I thought that it was incredible how strangers react together like different elements in a chemical equation. Some elements might not click right away, some others do not click at all, and others need a stimulus or a catalyst to make some action.

Friends, it was great seeing you. It was such an amazing day. However, I missed the company of my dearest friend- she knows herself very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment