About Me

My photo
"J'ecris pour me decouvrir."- a French writer

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Step Up

It's been a long while since I started evaluating my current steps, my past steps and my steps to be. Finally, I have decided to step up. I have made up my mind about focusing on my career, my spiritual life, and my social life.

I have agreed with one of my friends on forgetting about the past. By the past, I mean the hectic, tense and highly emotional past that had the most negative effects on my life.

That's when I have decided that I should only focus on my points of strength. I wanna get inspired by great people of all times.

I took action and did something that has proved to be of a great value till now. I have decided to read about success stories of great people. In the past, I have read about Oprah Winfrey, Donald Trump and many others. However, I have decided that I should do this on a much wider scale.

Whenever you see me, you will find me wearing my headphones. Of course, I am not listening to jazz tracks as I used to, but I'm listening to success stories. You can find them very easily online. I look for biographies on youtube. Believe me, you will find hidden treasures. I have listened to Edith Piaf's and Meryl Streep's biographies. It's working out for me till now. However, I will avoid listening to stories that end tragically as in Edith Piaf's case. I want something to inspire me, lift me up and help me see the right track.

It's amazing when you know about how those great figures got over some of the most traumatic experiences in their lives. By knowing this, I have come to realize that no matter how big my problems appear to me right now, they will fade away and they will appear so trivial when I step up and act wisely.

Anything is possible. Even my big dreams, that seem impossible to come true, can be achieved sooner or later only if I make up my mind and be decisive about them.

As Edith Piaf sings,"Je ne regrette rien", I will never regret anything that I have done, only because I did it when I believed that it was the right thing to do. So, I will never regret anything. I will focus on my life no matter what happens, no matter people tell me trying to put me down. This is because it is only me who can pull myself together. It is only me who knows the real me.

Bottom line........"Step Up"

No comments:

Post a Comment