About Me

My photo
"J'ecris pour me decouvrir."- a French writer

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Selfless Dreams

Yesterday I went out with my best friend. We didn't have an exact place in our minds for our destination. We always go with the flow and follow our hearts right away.

We agreed on going to the mall, and we also agreed that we would never buy anything. This is because we were on the verge of being broke. We know each other very well. Each of us knows that the other cannot hold back when seeing a cute pair of shoes, or a must read book.

However, we reached a good agreement. She wanted to get a gift for her friend's son. On the other hand, I wanted to buy a book. To cut a long story short, I got two books and she got a gift for double the price she had in mind.

It's been a while since I was last obsessed with the idea of finding true love. I don't know the exact reason behind this, but it works out for me so far. However, yesterday I have discovered a new obsession. I wanna have a baby. How so? I have no idea. The thing is when my friend started her search for the perfect gift for her fiend's son, I have remembered my innocent childhood. I remembered when I used to be dazzled every time I passed by a toys shop. I remembered how I used to urge any of my parents to get me any toy.

When I look back right now, it all seems like a sweet dream that I wish it never ended. Now, everything seems whimsical and magical like a fairy tale. That's when I have come to the conclusion that I want to have children of my own. My friend became very concerned about my future children. She said that they will have a crazy bohemian lifestyle just like me.

Well, I have to agree with her. Their life must be like a breathtaking dream that they will remember for the rest of their lives exactly like how I remember mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment