About Me

My photo
"J'ecris pour me decouvrir."- a French writer

Friday, September 23, 2011

A Birthday Queen

Yes, I am making a big deal of my birthday. But, give me a break! I am just trying to cling onto any cheerful opportunity or event to feel happy or get any glimpse of love.

On Monday, I was at work and told my colleagues that I will bring them Cannelloni, my specialty dish. They very much welcomed the idea and a friend said that she would bring some deserts too. I went home, stayed in the kitchen for almost 3 hours preparing the dish, but I was enjoying every second of it. On any other day, I would have felt exhausted, but I wanted this birthday to be different. I wanted to show people love, hoping that I might get more in return. Signed, sealed and the dish was about to be delivered to the hungry tasters.

So, Tuesday was the big day. I wore my favorite outfit, took some make up tools to office preparing myself for any after-work hangout with friends. I was a bit self conscious with almost everyone in street staring at me. Really, it was strange. I believe that my mojo was working that day ;) Walking down the street, I felt like Barbara Streisand in Funny Girl singing "Don't Rain on My Parade".

To cut a long story short, it was a magical day like I have never imagined. My friends brought in foods and most importantly their good spirits. It was like a feast with everyone cheering, laughing and singing for me. It was a true delight my lovely friends. I love each one of you. And for the after work party, it was warm and nice.

Thanks guys for making up my day and giving me hope that this year will be full of love and happiness.

Lotsa luv,
Noha
xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment