About Me

My photo
"J'ecris pour me decouvrir."- a French writer

Monday, October 8, 2012

For what you've become....

Today, I was about to lose one of my oldest and best friends. She was standing there as agonized as ever, till she could not take it anymore and fell down. I could sense that death angel, that little bastard sneaking around and I could not move a limb. Was I getting too familiar with the scene? Have I become so used to the idea of having people leave in a blink of an eye? That all went through my God damned little mind after watching her slowly fading away.

I kept on reciting few Quranic verses trying to calm her down, or was I preparing her to meet her fate? It's hard to tell. I guess it was a deja vu after all. Luckily, God has granted me some of his mercy that night. She slowly came back to her senses and regained her consciousness. "That was close, Noha" I thought to myself and rushed into my room after storming the huge door. Once again, God was too merciful with me, the glass in the door did not break into pieces as I expected quickly. I opened my laptop, pretended that nothing happened, tried to check out my FB, Twitter, email and all that tech shit, put on my headphones, turned on the music.... turned it higher and higher, what was I trying to avoid?- I had no freaking idea. Some friend found me online and started talking. Being in that shitty situation, it was too hard for me to handle anything, I just stared at the screen, said nothing and burst into tears.

That's when I realized something has died inside of me..............

No comments:

Post a Comment