About Me

My photo
"J'ecris pour me decouvrir."- a French writer

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

My Tender Years

For some people, it seems weird that my life has always been linked to good music. Yea, it sounds weird but it's kinda sweet, especially when you listen to a certain song and remember the first time you heard it, what you were doing and who you were with. I know people who are attached to music like me. Sometimes, good music make you feel more optimistic, hopeful and nostalgic to the sweet past.

Whenever you face a dilemma, you turn on a fantastic song and you chill. No matter how pissed off you might feel, you just listen and lay everything off your shoulders.

That's how I get on with my life. Even when I have been through the worst, I turn on the PC and listen to my collection of good songs. That is when I create a whole new world of my own, where everything is bright, where everyone is nice and sweet and where I see myself as a different and better person.

There are other times when I listen to a certain song and I feel some pain. That is when I remember things or people whom I used to attach to such songs. I miss those people and those things I used to have. Well, I guess it is all part of our nature as human beings. We only look for the things we don't have anymore and we long for those people who were close to us once in our lives. We tend to beautify the past and sweeten it. Maybe it is all because we want to convince ourselves that our present conditions are not that good and we had better days, or we need a reason to justify our constant anger and pain.

Today, I was just creating another play-list on my YouTube channel. I entitled it "Tender Years". Some of the songs are not that brilliant, but every time I listen to them I feel good. I remember the first cassette my late dad brought home. It was for Ragheb Alama. I still remember how my parents were so eager to listen to the songs. Now, when I look back, I can see that they you were pleased by very mundane things.

I can still remember those rainy nights and how Alexandria looked so glowing when I watched it when I was with dad in his car. We were all together. We were happy and I felt so secure. I have not got that feeling for a long time.

Yes, sometimes I miss some people and crave for the sweet memories. However, I remind myself right away that at least I was lucky enough to have such sweet memories and meet some people who drew a smile on my face even for seconds.

I love you my sweet "tender" years.

No comments:

Post a Comment