About Me

My photo
"J'ecris pour me decouvrir."- a French writer

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Milestone

What is the true value of life if you live it without learning? What is your brain good for, if you just try to ignore its voice of wisdom and keep on making the same mistakes that you have always been doing?

There must be certain stages in your life, where you shall stop whatever it is that you are doing and assess your actions, your relationships and your future steps. Of course, it is important to look ahead, however it's more crucial to assess your previous actions. In this way, you can have a clearer image of your future.

I call such stages, where you stop and think, "Milestones". I have just had a milestone last week. It was my birthday, when I saw almost everyone in his/her true colors.

On that day, I knew who cared for me, who is trying to know me better and who have been acting and faking for a very long time.

I used to believe that when I do a good dead, I do it because it should be done. However, it occurred to me that a very few people really think this way. People make favors to others because of interests and only INTERESTS.

I am not saying that I will be like everybody else. But, maybe I will not feel hurt when I get a cold text message next year from a supposedly good friend saying, "Happy Birthday Noha."

No comments:

Post a Comment