About Me

My photo
"J'ecris pour me decouvrir."- a French writer

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Ooops, I'm 22!

I must have been drunk when I once said, "I wanna grow up." Seriously, I had no idea. I know that when I'm 40, for instance, and read this post, I will laugh out loud at my idiocy and say "I was surely blessed with many good things."

I am just a typical human being, or I'd rather say a typical woman, who is always afraid of getting old and losing my charm. Well, c'est la vie!

Mom always says I'm blessed with many wonderful things she wishes she had had. When I ask her, "What were you going to do if you had had everything you say I have? She always says, "Many things," well I need to know what kind of things she would have made, maybe I will get some sort of inspiration.

Yes. I'm 22. It's not that bad after all. I'm enjoying my life to some extent. At least, some people think that my life is exciting. That must ring a bell for me.

When I turned 21, I had loads of aspirations. I remember my Facebook status at that time. It stated, "No more guardians...No more threats. I'm 21 and that's it!" I still remember the comments very well. One of my friends said, "In your dreams," which was kinda pessimistic, yet it was surely realistic.

A year ago, I thought that I would be Miss Liberty. I wanted to get my own passport and I wanted to travel abroad on my own to discover the world according to what I want. Of course, it was all "in my dreams." Yet, I grew much wiser. In a year, I met many people who have changed everything about me. Change is good, but sometimes I feel like I totally changed. To the better, or the worse? I have no clue.

On my 21st birthday, I made two wishes and they both came true. This year, I'm afraid of making a wish.

A friend always says, "Be careful what you wish for," and she is damn right. I will not wish for anything and let myself go with the flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment